Thursday, May 10, 2007

SORRY PART 2- THE RUSSELL EDITION


! I admit, I was infuriated over the comments Russ said about my presidential nominee Barack Obama. Anyway, in a statement, Russell recanted those notions of ¡§the mouse¡¨ called Barack and clarified. Read the statement his publicist hit m with: "A recent comment I made about Dennis Kucinich was taken out of context. I stated that I would like to hear more from Dennis Kucinich in the debate because I believe he has very relevant, important and useful ideas to add to a discussion. When I appeared on "The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch" on April 25, I was asked about the Democratic Primaries and I said that I had not yet picked a candidate. Donny then asked if a change had to be made right now, what would it be. At that point I said I would put Dennis Kucinich in office. I believe that all of the democratic candidates have good qualities and any one of them has the ability to start a process of changing our relationship with the world and improving the lives of the poor in this country. When I am ready to officially support one of the candidates, I will put out an official statement. I'd also like to clarify the part of the interview in the NY Times magazine, where I referred to Senator Barack Obama as a 'mouse,' as it has been take out of context in reports in the media. And, I'd like to publicly apologize to Senator Obama for any hurt it has caused. There has, i believe, been more made of my statement that "all of the Democratic candidates are controlled" than i would have expected. The full statement, i believe, was clear in its intention. The statement in its proper context was meant to make a point about all of the candidates and American politics, in general. In the future, i will be more careful in how i express my views. For the record, I believe Senator Obama is a strong, solid candidate and I wish him the best in his run for the Presidency.

No comments: