Monday, October 27, 2008

More from Adam

Responses: Your response to question #2 is scary. Basically you're saying that it's OK for the government to take more money from the upper-middle and middle class (me) even though they have no chance of improving life for the lower-middle and lower class. I'm not sure I agree with your assessment - I think a lot of lower-middle and lower class are "drinking the Kool-Aid" and believing that the government, through Obama, will make life better for them, and I believe that a large portion of them don't want to work for it. I'll give you that Rezko was a mistake. Wright and Ayers speak to Obama's character and were calculated, long term decisions. Obama knows this to be true or he wouldn't have thrown Wright under the bus like he did. Those two relationships speak to the fact that he is, at his core, against a constitutional, capitalistic America. Other than his abortion stance, that scares me most of all. He will slowly cause the deterioration of our economy. My company will see taxes over 50%. We will not be able to keep many lower-middle class employed. I hope Obama has a plan to support them. Race means nothing to me. I voted for Alan Keyes in the republican primary in 2000 because I thought America needed his social conservatism after the Clinton years. I'm sure there are educated liberals who like his big-government, socially liberal agenda, but look at the military vote and you will see that you are wrong about who is behind Obama. The military is almost always better than a 60-40 split for the republican. Given McCain's background, this year it is 70-30 total. African Americans in the military are 70-30 for Obama. You are right - the world wants it. Every terrorist nation in the world, if given a vote, would vote for Obama. His "no preconditions" stance legitimizes their regimes and makes a mockery of American might. It's embarrassing to me. Finally, to be honest, if Europe wants it then it is the wrong thing, period. I hope you don't leave the country, but I'd rather have that than a socialist with anti-American roots occupying the Whitehouse. I'm not leaving the country, but if Obama gets elected my ammunition purchases will start to take a larger portion of my income, that is until his economy forces me into unemployment. I can kill what I need to eat.

No comments: