Do me a favor and answer some questions for me as I really, truly, authentically have a difficult time understanding how anyone can vote for Obama unless your primary agenda item is abortion on demand, gay marriage or peace at all costs.
1. As a republican, I can tell you 7 things for which McCain stands that I like and 3 that I don't. With Romney, I was 9 & 1. I can't find anyone voting for Obama that can tell me why they are voting for him other than "change" and "he is not George Bush." What Obama policy is the attraction? Is it the promise of government taking control and making everything right?
2. Do you think that his tax policies will be good or bad for America? Do you believe they will really help the lower to lower-middle class? More importantly (because this goes to intent) do you believe he believes his tax policies will help the lower to lower-middle class or is he making promises that will only hurt the rich and make the poor feel better about themselves because the gap is less? Does his tax policy not even matter because of the emotional factor that Obama stirs in his supporters and heart is more important than head?
3. Do Obama's personal relationships (Rezko, Wright, Ayers) concern you? If not, what do you use to overlook them?
4. I've looked at the statistics and done the math - there will probably be more white people voting against Obama because he is black than black people voting for him because he is black. The fact that I make that statement is a sad commentary on both race relations in our country and how seriously America takes the privilege of voting.
Here's my question - I don't believe that a man with Obama's experience, background and questionable associations gets a sniff of the democratic nomination if he is white. How much of a factor does his race make in your assessment of him as a potential president? I have a very close black, republican friend at work and we've discussed this question in depth. The reason I ask the question is simple - my kids. Would they get the support of the African-American community that Obama is getting since their skin color is closer to mine than Heather's? If the answer to that question is "no" then I have a serious problem.
I hope none of this is offensive as the only reason I ask is to help quell some of the anger and frustration I have as I watch an unashamedly biased media investigate and beat the crap out of Palin and Joe the plummer while no one even questions where Obama got his drugs in college.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment