Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Conversation with Russell Simmons

I usually see my fellow yogi Russell Simmons at Yoga class and we exchange hellos and some small talk about our practice. We’ve been going to Yoga together for years it seams. Tonight I brought up the fact that my next project is a film about the 2008 Presidential election called Hip-Hop for President. I didn’t have to explain the title to him for one second, he got it immediately, he said was that he is going to be very involved in the election in a big way and will host a candidate in some way. I told him that I wanted him in the film from the beginning, for the next two years basically. Russell will be one component of many threads that will make up the film but allot of the initial idea is based on him and what he does with Dr. Ben Chavis and the Hip-Hop Summit Action Network. Id like to use him as a sounding board on film and interview him candidly regarding certain events that come up over time regarding the candidates. But that going to be up to him and his mood which was pretty good tonight

No comments: