
Some people are confused with the title "Hip-Hop for President or they let it confuse them to some extent. Its really just a figure of speech. Its not literal and we are not electing a President of Hip-Hop. It goes back to when I was a kid and there use to be all of these names that used to come out of the woodwork and say that they were running for President when in actuality they weren't. I see that Christopher Walken for President has a site with his picture, t-shirts. So now that has to be part of the film! Is he really running? I have to talk with him on tape and see if he is actually a candidate! How perfect is that. Id love him to be apart of this film.
Don't get me wrong, this film will be no joke. We are looking for the truth and I have always said to my co-director Don Sikorski that something is going to happen in this race like never before and it will galvanize the country, and we have to be ready with cameras and energy to go and get that story, just like we did on our last film Rap Sheet. We will shoot it in our signature style, run and gun. We are putting the team of young shooters and editors together who will hit the road with us in 2008 to get the footage that I feel will go down in history. Most political election films don't do well but I feel that is because it is with someone who is predictable, like actors. Nothing against actors !!!
Don't get me wrong, this film will be no joke. We are looking for the truth and I have always said to my co-director Don Sikorski that something is going to happen in this race like never before and it will galvanize the country, and we have to be ready with cameras and energy to go and get that story, just like we did on our last film Rap Sheet. We will shoot it in our signature style, run and gun. We are putting the team of young shooters and editors together who will hit the road with us in 2008 to get the footage that I feel will go down in history. Most political election films don't do well but I feel that is because it is with someone who is predictable, like actors. Nothing against actors !!!
No comments:
Post a Comment